City break, Special interests,
Duong Lam day tour made for travelers to trace back the origin of Vietnam’s culture and Vietnamese traditions and a great chance to explore the special architecture through its surviving laterite brick ancient houses. See the most basic characteristics of the Vietnamese rural village with the village gate, trees, pagodas, temples, whore farming, wells, fields of rice..
What to expect
- Visiting ancient houses explore architecture of a typical Vietnamese traditional houses while wandering along its narrow alleyways.
- Walking around village to chat with locals to learn more about their local lifestyle as well as gain an insight into Vietnam rural life.
- Enjoy authentic meal with local host and experience the hospitality of the family.
- Visiting King Ngo Quyen temple and King Phung Hung temple, Mia pagoda within this Duong Lam tour 1 day
Duong Lam Village Tour
9.00am leave from your hotel. Drive about 50km from Hanoi to visit Duong Lam ancient village in Son Tay province. Duong Lam, a purely agricultural village of the northern Red River delta. You will have first sight of typical rural village when you get to the entrance of the village, take a walk on the village path to visit Mong Phu communal house where is dedicated to national heroes, King Ngo Quyen and King Phung Hung temples.
We pay a visit to a typical old house, which built from the 17th-18th century, covered with moss color, attached to the yard, garden, wells, along the roads in the shape of fish bone. Welcomed by the friendly host and enjoy special Vietnamese lunch prepared by the host. While you are in the house you can also join the local people in producing local specialties such as soft green-lentil cake and rice cake filled with brown onion and enjoy these dishes (depend on the season of the year).
Continue to visit Mia Pagoda – built in 15th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes before transferring back to your hotel in Hanoi.
On the way back, if you’re interested, stop to visit Tay Phuong pagoda built in the 8th century, the best example of old typical pagodas in the North of Vietnam, being special with 18 ancient Arhan statues. And Van Phuc silk village, the cradle of best silk in Vietnam once, learn about silk making process and shopping finest silk products in Van Phuc village.
Note: Please dress modestly and respectfully once visiting temples and pagodas. Also bring hat, sunglasses and easy walking shoes.
PRIVATE TOUR prices quoted in USD per person in private group.
|No of travelers
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Private transfer as specified in the itinerary,
- English-speaking tour guide,
- Lunch with a local family at their house,
- Entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program,
- Mineral water.
- Other meals & drinks
- Personal expenses, tips
Send us your inquiry for a quote. Your booking only confirmed when we get final deals and agreement. Our consultant will be with you shortly.