City break, Foodie,
Take a walk through Hanoi’s Old Quarter street markets with a local guide who’s passionate about food, and discover the exotic flavors of Vietnam with fellow food-lovers. Sample fruit, hawker street food and local specialties like pork crepes, and visit Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan.
What to expect
- Discover the culture of Vietnam through local food
- Visit the bustling Dong Xuan market
- Sample local specialties
- Watch twilight fall over Hoan Kiem Lake
Good to know
- This street food tour take you through many street food stalls and little restaurants, you can keep ordering food as long as you can eat, our suggestion is that taste a little bit each place, then try other food on the go.
- We ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for tasting.
- With hundreds of food stalls in this area, it’s difficult to know which are good to eat or not. There are definitely one’s that you should not venture in, but we are confident that we has vetted the places you go to, and allow to experience fantastic local specialty flavours.
18.00 (or 11.00 luncheon) Our guide meets you at your hotel around Old Quarter Hanoi (or at our appointment if you stay far away the Old Quarter). Begin the walking food tour to breathe in the aromatic scents wafting from street hawker stalls selling everything from exotic fruit to seafood. He will tell you stories about the ingredients and history of Hanoi’s food culture and typical Vietnamese specialties.
Keep going around Hanoi Old Quarter, sample fruit, street snacks and visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls, little local restaurants which run by authentic local chefs, certainly you will watch the chefs at work and taste some particular dishes (Your choice or our recommendations. Vegetarian food or special requirement is available upon request)
To add something sweet to the menu, try the local specialty of fresh fruit served in a cup with crushed ice and condensed milk or try the local favorite egg coffee or perhaps a chilled beer at a corner cafe (a tucked-away cafe) near Hoan Kiem lake with amazing views. Your food tour ends here, so you can either continue exploring on your own, take a cab or ask our guide for directions to your hotel.
This tour could be extended with some optional activities:
- Relaxing on a Cyclo (rickshaw) ride visiting further of Hanoi Old Quarter (added $4/person)
- Watch a water puppet show at Thang Long puppet theater (added $6/person)
GROUP TOUR Price quoted in USD/person joining the coach tour.
PRIVATE TOUR Price quoted in USD per person in private group.
|No of travelers||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-8 pax||9 up|
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Food tastings and dinner
- A bottle of water, coffee or beer
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)